Ultra-Thin Metal Foil Manufacturing Technology
What We Have
For more than 70 years since our establishment, we have perfected our sheet metal production techniques. At present, our strength lies in the high-accuracy ultra-thin metal rolling technique that can produce metal foil with a thickness of 0.1 mm or less, which is much thinner than the current JIS standard, especially the micron unit thickness.
We transform different metals such as SUS, titanium, aluminum, copper, nickel, iron and molybdenum into foil. Each type of metal has different characteristics ranging from strength and workability to heat-induced transformation; therefore, to be able to roll out the ultra-thin metal foil, we are required to accumulate experience, dig deep into data and research, and be fully aware of the characteristics of each type through proper development. Moreover, the accuracy of metal processing also varies depending on the quality of the metal. Making foil begins with the purchase of metals, so connecting with suppliers is also very crucial for us. Thanks to the act of continuously doing research into metal properties, expanding supplier sources and building relationships with them, we can now create ultra-thin sheet metal from various types of metals. For example, only in Rikazai can you find 20μm and 5μm Ti-ni foil or the purest 2μm magnesium foil in the world.
In addition, our foils are produced with a high degree of precision, with a thickness of between 0.001 mm and 1.0 mm, and a tolerance that can be minimized from ± 10% to 2% only.
Apart from a comprehensive knowledge of metals, skilled manufacturing techniques, commitment, process improvement, a clean and controlled room temperature, and other such manufacturing condition and environment of Rikazai are key factors in the production of thin and accurate foils that cannot be imitated by anyone.
Furthermore, secondary processing of ultra-thin metal foil is a very challenging task. However, by cooperating with carefully selected subcontractors who can perform difficult techniques such as laser cutting, etching, pressing and polishing, we at Rikazai are confident in our ability to process foil as you require.
What It Brings
It can be used in various fields and applications such as aerospace, industrial machinery, semiconductor components, various electrical and electronic components, tuning and measuring equipment. The use of thin metal foils is endless, and their usages vary depending on the idea and purpose.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any ideas or questions about usage.
example of its application
– Nb-Ti, a superconductor material, is used as a metal foil to connect wires for the quantum computers that consider heat as a great enemy.
– Ti-Ni foils with its features of shape memory and superplasticity can be applied in medical and robotics applications.
– Pure Mg foils can be used for electromagnetic shields and medical equipment.
– Foils can be used to adjust the height and distance to several mm in precision equipment.
– Ni foils can be used for battery electrodes and capacitors.
– Low-dilated Fe-Ni alloy foils can be used for glass-sealed IC lead frames.
– Thin and light-weight metal foils can be employed for the speaker diaphragm according to the frequency characteristics.
– Metal foil with elasticity limit, fatigue limit, and conductivity can be used as spring material for precision equipment such as smartphones and contact material for switches.
– Cu-Ni with high electrical resistance and low temperature coefficient and thermal electromotive force can be used for strain gauges, etc.
Why Competitive ?
With a unique level of thinness and accuracy that cannot be imitated, Rikazai is truly ahead of the competition.
On a global scale, Rikazai is the only company capable of producing metal foils from high-performance metal materials such as Ti-Ni, pure magnesium and Nb-Ti. We are proud to say that we are the only company with the technology to manipulate titanium foil to a thickness at 1 μm, thickness of 1 μm unit and a tolerance up to ± 2%.
Reasons why we have unique technology
– We employ skilled workers to carry out the cold-rolling process and measure results.
– We use finely adjustable equipment that reflects our craftsmanship and our highly precise maintenance.
– We are connoisseurs in the purchase of metal plates and have good relationships with domestic and overseas suppliers.
– We have good control of contamination and air conditioning, which are the enemy of thin metal foil
– We conduct research and develop on metal foil through collaborations with industry-academics and medical engineers.
– We have more than 70 years of experience in the production of metal foil and are quick to respond to changes in market and business environment.
We produce and sell Rikazai brand adhesive-foil based tapes and sheets.
We sell W100mm x L300mm flat foil sheets with adhesiveness and covered with PET sheet under the name “Rikazai tape”. The length can be up to 300 mm.
This tape can be cut arbitrarily to allow it to be attached to the adhesive foil like a sticker.
“Rikazai tape” and “Rikazai sheets” were developed from a university professor’s statement that “It is easy to carry out experiments if you can freely attach foil (from a high-performance metal material) by yourself” and the idea of “metallic nail stickers” from a female employee. You can use it for technical development and product development depending on your idea.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.